Obereggenen


Obereggenen, DE, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

August 31, 2010. Obereggenen, Germany. I like the names of these little German villages. This particular one is just up the road from us, and I had a free moment to go and sketch it today. The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind, as we flew back to California for four days to attend the memorial service for Claire, then returned for the opening ceremonies of the school year. Although my heart has been heavy at the loss of my brother/cousin's wife, I was very encouraged to see the love and support of so many good friends from their church. Claire was only 35 years old when she entered eternity, but she lived her life showing love to those around her. Three weeks before she passed away, she planned out her own memorial service, which was a gift to those she loved most. The message and the music were a testimony to God's grace and faithfulness. I consider myself privileged to have known you, Claire. Our prayers are with you now, Cam, as you look to God for your strength and hope.

3 comments:

lupus said...

I can only give you a very big hug, Rob, and hope you will recover serenity soon.

Your friend.

Enrique.

art is jokken said...

As usually, Mr. Carey, very nice sketch!

Rob Carey said...

thank you both very much.