another breath

September 25, 2010. When I am falling, you fall with me. You lift me up. You take my hand. When I can’t see where to set my foot, you are my light. If I am afraid, if I feel like I can’t move, your right hand steadies me. If I begin to doubt, if the darkness attempts to gray the colors around me; if my foot slips and I reach out to find you, you are there. You are there. And in a moment, the light of your face awakens the brilliance of all creation and I see the glory of your power and feel the strength of your breath as it bends the trees over me and casts the clouds before you like leaves before a storm.

4 comments:

Frankie said...

Nice drawing (love the tint), awesome words my heart needed this sleepless early morning.

perezvila™ said...

I can't tell how much i loved all your drawing, and how lovely i found your words this very morning. Congratulations. you have a big gift in drawing.

regards.

Rene Fijten said...

Love the golden horizon! The brilliant light after the rain.

Rob Carey said...

many thanks! I appreciate your words.