on the Rhine

September 27, 2010. My son and I spent part of the day down in Basel, so this is one of the scenes we saw. He was teaching me how to count to ten in French. I think I have it now. He's a pretty good little teacher. We crossed the bridge and got some hot dogs, then went into a tech store to look at the latest iPads and gaming systems that he knows his dad could never afford. But, I splurged and got him some roasted chestnuts from a street vendor. And, of course, he had to take me over to the bank and check how the stocks were doing. A good day.

5 comments:

Pierre Raby said...

Father and son, on the Rhine. I love this post Rob, beautiful drawing too.
Have a nice weekend!

Rob Carey said...

thanks, my friend- you too!

Alex Zonis said...

Love reflections on the water! Beautiful drawing, Rob!

Katherine Thomas said...

All of your work is great, but On The Rhine just takes the breath away! It's awesome!

Rob Carey said...

thank you, Alex and Katherine. I almost didn't post this one, as I wasn't real happy with it. :)