Vitra Design Museum

September 11, 2010. I got out this morning before everyone was up, went down to Weil am Rhein and sketched this view of the Vitra furniture factory, where there's a very interesting architectural museum. This section of the museum was designed by Frank Gehry. My wife and I were checking out some old photo albums the past few days, looking back on years gone way too fast. Sometimes I feel like I'm an actor in one of those sci-fi time travel movies. I roll out of bed and the toddlers are replaced by teenagers- my back hurts, and there's some gray-haired guy in my mirror, trying to open his eyes. Crazy how it all blows by so fast.

To borrow from Lifehouse lyrics today: "You are the strength, that keeps me walking. You are the hope, that keeps me trusting. Your are the light to my soul. You are my purpose... you're everything. How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?"

4 comments:

art is jokken said...

It looks to me like pretty place to visit !

Rene Fijten said...

Rob, fantastic, excellent use of colours/keeping parts white. I am planning to visit Vitra for years now, never got around to actually do it. I am jealous.
And yes, time goes by too quickly.

petescully said...

Cool, Rob! So we both sketched Frank Gehry on Sept 11!

rob carey said...

thanks, Jokken, Rene, Pete- that's quite a coincidence, eh?