one blue shoe


Converse high tops, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

November 22, 2010. Here's a sketch of my son's birthday present this year. He turned 12, so the big spenders that we are, we got him this Converse high top. We'll be saving up this year so that he can get the other shoe on his next birthday. By the way, thanks to Rene for telling me about the post that Charley Parker wrote on me at Lines and Colors. I love that blog, and it was pretty cool to see some of my sketches posted there. You can read it here.

7 comments:

rowlandjones said...

Great sketch!

I always wanted a pair when I was a kid: I finally bought myself a pair . . . when I was 49!

Who said it's never too late. . .

Rob Carey said...

Good for you! I once had a pair with stars and stripes- red, white and blue. Good times!

Rene Fijten said...

Good drawing. I was always jealous on people wearing these kind of cool shoes, my feet were too difficult.

Rob Carey said...

If I remember right, when I wore them they weren't cool. I wasn't known for being in style.

Maike Bohlen said...

Hi Rob,

my 12-year old told me Hummel is it this year...
Already through with Converse as the elder brother said they're not comfortable enough. Stylish but...

helen said...

If the real thing is as nice as your drawing. he is one lucky boy!

Rob Carey said...

Maike- and I thought Hummel were just little statues! What do I know?
Helen- he doesn't know how good he's got it!