too busy not to draw


Black & Decker 550 Watt drill, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

November 29, 2010. Some things in life just have to happen. You just have to make time for those things, because if you don't, you're just out of whack. I've learned, for example, that if I don't have family time, wife time, or God time, I can get totally out of my zone. Life gets way too busy. There seems to always be tons of emails to reply to, tons of paperwork, and the dog always needs a walk. I've also learned that for some reason, if I don't have some time each week to sketch something, I get a little edgy. So, here's my sketch for the day- another drill. This one has a little more guts than yesterday's.

4 comments:

TREVOR Simonsen said...

sometimes i fantasize about a 26 hour day. mmmmm

Aubrey Studebaker said...

Thanks for this post. It is too true. Too many times we allow the really important things to get lost in the shuffle (esp God, for some reason). It is important to take the time- even if it means putting off the laundry for another day. (o:

Two weeks ago on a Sunday night I decided that I didn't need to sleep. Stayed up until 2am sewing, got up at 5am Monday...Needless to say that caught up w/ me.

Rene Fijten said...

Beautiful detailed drawing. I had the same model a few years ago, but it broke. I fully understand you won't go out to draw outside in this weather.

Rob Carey said...

thanks for the comments, Trevor, Aubrey, Rene. Hope you all find time this winter for your artwork, regardless of the weather!