the best things in life...


Bonifacius Amerbach, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

December 30, 2010. I had never heard of a museum happy hour, but apparently some museums in Basel have an hour a day that they let penny-pinchers like me in for free. The Kunstmuseum in Basel does just that. In fact, they filled their large entrance area with ice and then loan out skates and let people skate around for free. Free skating and free museum entrance? Where have I been? I noticed they even have these little folding stools that you can take around the museum, and I think.... they're free too. Can it be? That means I could get off work, fill my tank with cheap Swiss gas, take my sketchbook to the museum, grab a folding stool, and have an hour to sketch masterpieces. All for free. Not a bad deal.

1 comment:

NoviceArtist said...

I love finding freebie deals! Great things for families to do.