Christmas in Kandern



December 26, 2010. I took my camera down around town today and filmed some scenes of Kandern for you to see- some of which show you the locations where I have been sketching. As you can see, we had a white Christmas this year. Believe it or not, my first one. It was pretty quiet here in Kandern, as you can see in the video. We had no visitors from the States this year, but it was fun just being together, the four of us. Well, five, with our little dog. And, with the wonders of Skype, we were able to "be" with some of our loved ones back in California for a little bit. Not the same as really being together, but sure better than nothing. Have a great week, and drive safely.

7 comments:

Liz Steel said...

lovely!! I enjoyed that very much. Glad you had a good Christmas. All the best for the New Year!

Rob Carey said...

You too, Liz- happy New Year to you and your family!

Rene Fijten said...

What a great Idea! And what a nice, typical german village. Pleased to hear you had a great Christmas time.

Memo V said...

Thanks for sharing the video, it was awesome

Rob Carey said...

thanks- I wish I had done this during the autumn, as the town looked completely different back then- it was the most beautiful this year. Maybe next October.

Jim said...

Bravo! Thanks for sharing this, Rob, I enjoyed it from start to finish and was hoping there was more.

Rob Carey said...

thanks, Jim- maybe I'll do another one of these some time!