December classroom


classroom in winter 2010, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

December 2, 2010. I don't remember having this much snow this early in the school year. The Black Forest is draped in a white blanket. I was sketching my students today in the classroom, trying to capture all the snow gear drying on the radiators and my student wearing his snow pants in class. It is beyond beautiful outside, a world of God's wonder. Tonight we head into the town square to enjoy the Christmas music and delicious treats and hot drinks, while standing around the burning logs. This is a favorite time of the year.

7 comments:

Pierre Raby said...

Heartfelt sketch and post, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your evening!
Cheers,
-Pierre

Rene Fijten said...

My wife was laughing, the radiator of her classroom is filled with gloves and shoes as well.

Rob Carey said...

thanks, Pierre- you too!
and thanks, Rene- my classroom is a mess!! I'm not a neat freak by any means, but winter always means hundreds of mittens, house shoes, boots, wet jackets and pants, stocking caps and...mess! It drives me bonkers.

perezvila™ said...

this made me so very much wanting to have a snowy-new year! we are in the beach right now, (oppossite pole!! ) and, even i love - i do! - summer and the beach, i long for winter already...

Rob Carey said...

With all the snow we get here in Germany, I've never had a white Christmas in 14 years! I'm hoping for it again this year....

Adolfo Arranz said...

Delicious sketch!

Rob Carey said...

Thanks, Adolfo- I wish I could do more of these!