in the slush


Hauptstrasse- Kandern, DE, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

December 17, 2010. We had quite the blizzard last night and this morning in Kandern. My car got stuck just trying to get out of my driveway. We then drove my student teacher to the train station and said goodbye, as she heads off to Munich for a short vacation before heading back to the States. She'll be a great teacher wherever she ends up. After it stopped snowing, I parked my car on Hauptstrasse and did this little sketch to celebrate the end of the semester and the beginning of Christmas break. It was even difficult for me to maneuver main street, as it looks like no one has cleared the roads, so I decided to head home and stay put for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Bare bilder - Pictures only said...

Hello,
I just found your blog, and I really like your paintings from daily life, streets and other places.
Have a nice weekend:)
Greetings from Norway.
Berit.

Rob Carey said...

thank you, Berit- greetings to you in Norway!