comb your hair, Ivan


Ivan Kramskoi sketch, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

January 30, 2011. For some reason I decided I needed a little sketch of the Russian artist Ivan Kramskoi in my sketchbook. I'm not sure why, but I guess I like his intense expression, and I can picture his mom telling him to comb his hair. My sketch makes him out to have stronger features than the real guy, but it was good practice. I think I need to add a speech bubble to the sketch now, and have him say something.

4 comments:

Paul Heaston said...

Really digging this series, Rob! Fantastic beards on both of these guys.

Rob Carey said...

Thanks, Paul. Drawing people is so different from drawing scenes. I think it will take me a lifetime to figure it out!

Adolfo Arranz said...

Wow Rob! This is a great portrait! What amazing series!!

Rob Carey said...

Thanks, Adolfo- I appreciate your words.