Fritz on Alert


Fritz, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

January 11, 2011. Just about every night my son wants me to tell him a story. It can't be a story that anyone has ever told before. It has to be completely new. I've done this ever since he was in diapers. Many years ago, I got the idea to record a few stories for him on cassette tape. He still listens to it now and then. Last night we listened to him telling a story that he had made up himself on that same tape. It was hilarious, but at the same time a little sad, because it made me realize how much older my kids are now. Tonight's story is titled, "Fritz on Alert." I won't know what it's about until I start telling it.

2 comments:

Aubrey Studebaker said...

Nice character drawing...I remember my dad telling me stories at night, sigh. There was one where a rabbit got chased by a wolf & he would attack our feet like they were the rabbit & he was the wolf. We made him tell that story over & over & over. (o:

Rob Carey said...

Good stuff. That's one of the fun things about being dad.