Müllheim parking lot


Müllheim, DE, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

January 29, 2011. If you followed my blog last year, you might remember I went to Nepal to work with a school there for a week. Anyway, back in October I was telling my fifth grade students about the conditions in the classrooms there- not all the rooms had lights, none had heating, dirty floors, outhouses on the dirt playground... So, my students decided to put on some fund raisers to raise money for the school. I told them it was no problem- if they wanted to, no one was going to stop them. They had about 8 weeks. They sold cookies and paper plates with pictures they drew on them. Today I sent off the money- 400 euros. I was amazed.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Rob, I'm so glad you're back. Your drawings are beautiful and so is your spirit. What a great thing to teach your students.