Félix on the Metro


Félix on the Metro, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

March 3, 2011. Camille Pissarro had a son named Félix, and painted a portrait of him sitting in a red chair. The young boy looks a bit like he doesn't want to be there. For one thing, he's a boy, and most boys that age do not like sitting still in a chair for any length of time. I should know, as I'm a teacher. I'm sure his father asked him to sit very still while he painted him. For another thing, the poor boy desperately needs a haircut, as many people would mistake him for a young girl. I took my son to get a haircut this past week. In fact, I took my dog to get a haircut on the same day. They both were looking shaggy, and it was hard to tell who was who. Now they both look sharp. My question for today is, "What if Pissarro's son rode the Metro?"

2 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Didnt know Pisarro had a punker as son.

RobCarey said...

I guess you can't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. :)