trying gouache


near Feuerbach, DE, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

March 20, 2011. A truly beautiful day in southern Germany today. My daughter was in France, playing with her orchestra group in a church there, while my son was with a friend. So that left my wife and the dog and I to tromp through the countryside a little and enjoy God's great wonders. I finally pulled out a gouache set that I bought a couple years ago and decided to try it out. I sketched (painted) this just outside of the little village of Feuerbach, not far from where we used to live.

3 comments:

Alex Zonis said...

Beautiful airy view, Rob! Spectacular shadows, done with great sensitivity and tenderness.

Rene Fijten said...

Fantastic Rob, Love the "tegenlicht" (I don't even know the English word, light coming in front of you)

RobCarey said...

my thanks, Alex and Rene. I learned a new word- tegenlicht- thanks!