a day in Zurich

Zurich, CH
April 20, 2011. Well, I might just meet my goal of making a sketch every day of vacation after all. Today my daughter and I headed down to Zurich to meet up with a good friend of hers from Sweden who is visiting her brother in Zurich. The art museum is free on Wednesdays, (I wish the parking garage was free!), so we took a tour of that and enjoyed seeing a few works- enjoyed the impressionists of course, as well as some amazing works by Giovanni Segantini, an artist I greatly admire. After the museum I found this spot on the corner of Bahnhof St. and Augustiner Gasse, enjoying a seat in the shade, as it got up to 23 C today.

8 comments:

NoviceArtist said...

Once again a beautiful picture. I'm glad you and your daughter and friend were able to enjoy Zurich and the museum. I had to go to an online converter to see how hot 23C was...about 73F, not too bad, compared to what we are today. Right now its about 7C going down to about 0C or so tonight. Enjoy your vacation.

charmainelhs said...

Wow, I've been following your blog for almost 2 years, and your sketches of the world around are getting more and more breathtaking :) I really like your landscape pieces - it strikes me as both tender and brilliant and full of love for the beauty in those places. Keep drawing! :)

Charmaine, from Singapore

RobCarey said...

Thanks NA. This weather has been a real gift, as we've been eating outdoors for dinner and sketching outside, playing...super for vacation. Hopefully yours warms up too.

Thanks for sharing that with me, Charmaine. I wasn't sketching landscape scenes two years ago, was I? And I feel like I'm just now getting into it.

Peter Bangs said...

very cool picture, love the guy in the striped pants, he walks like Mr Natural. Hope you get to enjoy mpore great weather.

Rene Fijten said...

The last few sketches are super. You make good advatage of the vacation, we pour souls have to work inside dusty offices while the sun shines oh so brightly....

RobCarey said...

Mr. Natural- ha! I see what you mean! It's hard to draw people walking by- you look up and they're suddenly gone. You have to take a quick look, then remember as much as you can.

Sorry, Rene. I don't mean to rub it in. A few more days and I'll be back indoors myself, so I'm taking advantage of the time.

Austin Maloney said...

I really like the composition and energy of this piece.

-Austin

RobCarey said...

thanks, Austin. There were droves of people walking by in front of me, and I thought about adding more, but sometimes just a suggestion is enough.