morning sketch in Kandern




Kandern Blumenplatz, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

April 12, 2011. Happy Anniversary to my parents today- thanks for all you taught me through your example...taking care of people, being a peace-maker, being faithful to your spouse and your job and your kids, making the right choices, even if it isn't popular, pursuing truth, rejecting compromises, and marching to the beat of a different drummer. May God bless your marriage in the years to come.


lean-to
And I goofed around with some acrylic paints today. I didn't have the colors I needed, so there's some gouache mixed in there too.

9 comments:

Alex Zonis said...

Really like this one! The composition and the fact that it is unfinished in this way are touching.

NoviceArtist said...

What a testimony to your parents! Happy Anniversary to them. Your drawing and painting today are great.

Moish said...

I really like the painting.

RobCarey said...

thank you, AZ and NA- have a great week.

Kathleen said...

Thanks Rob! I like the results of the goofing around with the acrylic combined with some gouache.

RobCarey said...

thank you, Moish and Kathleen!

Alexiev said...

Very good images... I love the Black and white ink...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

Rene Fijten said...

Nice to see you expand your skills!

RobCarey said...

thanks, Alexiev and Rene. I'm doing a lot of different stuff these days, Rene, just not posting it until I feel better about it.