off to Uganda


hay bales, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

April 8, 2011. I sent my daughter off to Uganda early this morning, where she'll be helping a team start a child sponsorship program at an orphanage there. She'll be the first one in our family to travel below the equator. Spring break starts today for us, and there's good weather outside, so I hope to get a few sketches done of local scenery. I was experimenting with gouache tonight, so here's the result. I think I like watercolor better, but I won't give up yet.

4 comments:

geraldo roberto da silva said...

It's fantastic!

Paul Heaston said...

Wow! And good luck to your daughter. I hope she stays safe!

Peter Bangs said...

I'll be praying for your daughter. Who's she working with? We've been looking for a child sponsorship programme.

RobCarey said...

thank you, Geraldo, Paul, and Peter. Our daughter is going with a team from the school- she is supported mostly by friends and family back in the States.