walking or sketching

Moleskine 4/15/11

April 15, 2011. Sometimes I can't figure what I like better, walking or sketching. A great day is a day I get to do both. Yesterday I took this path to the village of Wollbach, where our school will be located next year. It took me just under an hour to get there, which is a fine commute on most days. A good breakfast together, a strong cup of coffee, then a good morning walk to work makes a good start to any day. As a teacher, it's pretty important that I show up with a good attitude, and a morning walk seems to get all the kinks out before the flurry of the day begins.

3 comments:

NoviceArtist said...

I know what you mean about walking and drawing. I do both. Early in the morning I take a walk, choosing one of about 3 routes. Then usually I try to fit in some art time through out the day. But since starting my art class, I'm discovering SO much that I want to draw!

Rene Fijten said...

Both are great, but the top one is fabulous, you hatching is super. The drawing has analmost classical da Vinci feel to it.

RobCarey said...

Good to hear, NA. I know the desire well. Sounds like you have it too.

Rene, I find sketching like this one of the most important things I can do for understanding shape and values. The Moleskine sketchbook page is smooth texture, and heavy like card stock almost, so it handles drawing and redrawing very well.