18 days/18 pages


18 days/18 pages, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

May 3, 2011. My goal during the break was to produce one drawing or painting for every day. Here are the 18 results of that time. Most of these were done on location within 20 minutes of our house, with the exception of the sketch in Zurich, and the little Moleskine sketches or miniature paintings with acrylics. I am not expecting to be able to sketch this month, as this is the busiest time of the year for me, so I was glad to have had some time in April. In June we will be heading back to the States for the summer, so hopefully I can schedule in some drawing days then.

6 comments:

mice_aliling said...

Wow, Rob, these are really beautiful work :)

RobCarey said...

thank you, Mice!

Michael said...

Its very difficult to produce a series of sketches on a daily basis for a lengthy period of time. I think that your imagination and your ability to consistently produce good compositions with a lot of detail are remarkable. Keep up the great work.
I was just wondering - have you felt the need to spend more time on some subjects and work on a composition for several days?

RobCarey said...

That's a good question. Strangely, I very seldom have. I'm open to the idea, but I just enjoy so much what I'm doing at this point.

HB said...

Great idea to share with us one sketch x day. I'm learning many things observing your works. A really big thank you from Italy.

RobCarey said...

thank you- I am hoping to learn more about using watercolor. I still cannot use it the way I want. My sketch of the vineyard on the bottom left is the one I felt the most freedom with, so hopefully I am learning too.