at Acqua Basel

Acqua Basel, CH

May 19, 2011. We had to shut our school down for the day, due to a flu bug that was taking out a large part of our student body. Therefore, I found myself with a day off in the middle of the week, so I headed into Basel to do some sketching with Boris Zatko. I found him sketching the old children's hospital, down by the river. He needed a break, so we took the water taxi across the river, and took a little walk. At that point, the sky darkened, and a thunderstorm changed our plans, so we drove over to Acqua Basel, where we did some indoor sketching of the restaurant's lounge. I added watercolor to the sketch later in the day. PS: Boris has posted his report and sketches of the day [here].

9 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Good sketch.

AnAis said...

Fantastic sketch, Rob. I "can touch" the walls! :)

RobCarey said...

Thank you, Rene and Alma.

Frankie said...

I need to go there...right now would be nice;) Great sketch!

Manuel Teixeira said...

Fantastic sketches for a fantastic blog!

RobCarey said...

Thank you very much, Manuel! btw, I used to work with a Teixeira years ago.

Bob said...

Rob you are amazing and I love looking at your sketches - you make them come to life! Thanks for sharing your incredible talent!

RobCarey said...

Thank you very much, Bob.
And Frankie too. You would love the place. Very comfortable place to relax with friends.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen better than this site.