good lazy Saturday

storm rising

May 14, 2011. A lazy Saturday. Last night was my annual father/son campout, when all the boys in my class and their dads head out into the woods for an overnight. We usually come back sopping wet, cold to the bone, and spend the day cleaning up muddy tents and sleeping bags. But this year was wonderfully dry and warm, and we woke to sunshine. Now that everything is put away, and the yard work is done, the clouds came and the rain began... just fine with me. I sat down and sketched whatever was in my head, and here's what came out. I suppose it shows a mixture of refreshment with a bit of anxiety as well, as I think about the flurry of activity ahead. One day at a time... enjoy each moment.

5 comments:

mice_aliling said...

beautiful, as usual. Camping's so cool :)

RobCarey said...

It is fun, but I think I need an air mattress now!

Rene Fijten said...

I can only agree with mice, beautiful. Unfortunately my wife finds camping too spartan. And my son prefers hotels. Good you had the opportunity

RobCarey said...

I have to say, sleeping on the ground was much more enjoyable when I was young.

Rene Fijten said...

Ha ha, yes I can agree.