I'll take a double-double

Fresno, CA - In-N-Out Burger

June 20, 2011. If you ask my kids what they miss most about America, In-N-Out Burgers fall somewhere in the top 5. It's always our first stop on the way home from the airport. Since we've been away, the chain has spread out from Southern California and there are about five of them here in Fresno now. I don't think we'll ever see them back in Germany, sadly. So, we'll get our fill while we're here, but make sure to swim a few hundred laps in between to work off the calories. Fresno's not short on sunshine, so I should be able to do plenty of early morning sketches before the household is awake.

3 comments:

Frankie said...

The closest I have been to the place is a bumper sticker on the car in front of me...enjoy!

Love the sketch...ps love the one you left me on my desk. Nice surprise, great sketch.

Miss you already!

Love, Mom

Rene Fijten said...

Making a series of fast food restaurants? Why is this chain so special? a burger seems a burger for me.

RobCarey said...

You both have to try an In-N'-Out burger some day. It is a privately-owned operation, and the standards of quality are extremely high. Nothing is frozen. The meat is fresh, the fries are made from potatoes right in front of you, the lettuce is taken right from a head of lettuce, and the tomatoes are sliced right there- everything is fresh. The menu is very simple, just burgers, fries and drinks. The place is kept as clean as an operating room, and the atmosphere is as friendly as Disneyland.