sketching Dave's Burgers

Dave's Burgers- Long Beach, CA

sketching Dave's in Long Beach, CA

July 29, 2011. I've been looking forward to drawing my home town Long Beach for a long time. Here's Dave's burgers, just down the street from where I grew up. It's my brother's favorite place to eat, and even though Dave doesn't work there anymore, the gal who runs it, Tiffany, is also great. I only get a hamburger there once every two years, but they always recognize me and ask me how things are in Germany. Amazing people who can do that.

6 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

What a lovely sketch and great subject. I should go to the US as well to find subjects like these, you don't find that here in Europe.

Frankie said...

Hey Rob! Where did the chair come from? I love the chair and the sketch! Would love to have sketched you sketching;) Looks like you have found the true So Cal flavour in your drawing (and dining) summer...

RobCarey said...

Rene, I'm surprised at how much I'm liking finding things in the States to draw. It's got a completely different feel. The chair, Mom, survived the great fire of the old Brethren church in Long Beach back before I was born.

Dzhony_df said...

class!
during drawing burgersdogs - are been closed?))))
my english so bad - write russian))): Во время рисования лавка закрылась?

Cameron said...

Leave me a copy of the sketch in LBC before you go.

RobCarey said...

Dzhony- I began sketching it when it was closed, then came back for 10 minutes the next day at lunch to draw a person there!
Cameron- I left you one at 3759.