Helmut's house

Wollbach, DE

November 3, 2011. Quite a story with this sketch. While I was sketching it, the owner came out (Helmut), and we became instant friends. He introduced me to a 100 year-old artist who also painted this house, then to his wife. We sat around their table and I listened to their stories until I had to run back to the school to pack my students up for the bus. Helmut and his wife not only want to buy this little sketch, but said they wanted to come to my art show tomorrow night.

7 comments:

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

very, very cool. you know, we never did get "our" sketch from you. we will have to rectify that situation one day, i am thinking.....:)

RobCarey said...

Surely you can hop on a plane and get here by tomorrow- the art show is at the Reed's (Harris' old house). :)

The Flying Tortoise said...

Your work is such a delight to my eyes...

JaneA said...

I really love the story, and the red vine on the house. So glad I found your blog. I'll probably spend hours wandering around, admiring all your sketches.

John Philip said...

I love your work. This is beautiful. Great story too.

Rene Fijten said...

Super. I miss being able (at present) to draw all these nice colours.

RobCarey said...

Very kind comments- thank you-- Flying Tortoise (Great name), JaneA, John Philip, and Rene. Are you going to get some more chances to paint the colors? The ones you've done of fall already are so great.