Kandern Bahnhof (again)

Kandern bahnhof, DE

Bahnhof- Kandern, DE

Kandern Bahnhof, DE


December 3, 2011. I had no intention of drawing today, but I had to take my daughter to her SAT test early this morning, and everyone at home was still asleep, so I decided to sketch the train station for the third time. I spent a chunk of my day at school doing lesson plans, but tonight we went up the hill to an outdoor Christmas market type thing. A whole block of people converted their garages into restaurants and they sold artwork, crafts, soaps, candles, trinkets, waffles, soup, cakes, whatever, for charity causes. Dark, rainy, cold...burning logs everywhere to warm yourself up by- many smells. I had the potato soup with hot dogs and pieces of floating bread. Great. I'm including a sketch of the same station last fall, and from the other side back in September.

6 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Nice sketches. I am curious about the wagon on the right. Next time?

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

you could never sketch the train station too often for me! we walked, rode or drove past it at least once every day. so lovely!

Flo said...

Incredible ! You make ordinary places becoming really interesting and nice and you look at them each time with a new eye . This is a bit of magic !

RobCarey said...

thank you Rene, H & E, and Flo. Sketching the train engine would be great. One of these days I've got to do it. Making ordinary places interesting is one of my goals, Flo, and I'm basically recording my feelings about a place when I sketch.

Michael said...

Because you've sketched the train station from all different perspectives with alternating shadings, they all look fresh and distinct.
The photos of your sketchbook also look interesting. What size is it? It looks like a large 9 x 12 inch pad.

RobCarey said...

thanks, Michael. I think these are from three different sketchbooks. The top one is definitely an A4 size Moleskine, the middle one is an 8.5 x 11 inch Pentalic sketchbook, and the bottom one is smaller- I don't remember which sketchbook I used for that.