The book is out!

Kandern pages

February 2, 2012. "The Art of Urban Sketching" was finally released this week, and is already at the top of the charts amongst the drawing and art books on Amazon. I probably won't get my copy until this summer, but my mom got her copy and took this photo of the Kandern page so that I could see how it turned out. A huge thanks to Gabi Campanario for including me in this project. I can hardly wait to get my copy to read about some of my favorite sketch artists around the world.

8 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Lovely!

RobCarey said...

Are your sketches in the book, Rene? I thought I remember seeing your name.

Ontheroad said...

The book is terrific; got mine yesterday and your pages look marvelous.

Congratulations to all.

Zoe

RobCarey said...

thanks, Zoe. I can hardly wait to get my copy.

Rene Fijten said...

I don't know if my sketches are in; but I know that I am not featured like you. The book is themed around places/cities, and as I mostly make sketches of my travels Gabi was unable to pinpoint me to a specific location. We'll see.

RobCarey said...

I hope you're in there- you're a big contributor to USk! If not, maybe it's time to make a travel book...

Ontheroad said...

Rene and Rob, page 75 is your work in New York, I believe, and the index names you there.

I always love your work so went to look at the book to make sure you were included. Tot ziens, Zoe

Rene Fijten said...

OK, thanks, you make me happy. Looking forward to the book (I guess we all do)