Kandern Underwear

Kandern,Germany (Fasnacht)

February 12, 2012. I got up early this morning and went down to the town square to capture what it looks like in Kandern this week. It was -14 C, so I stayed in my car to draw, turning on the engine every so often to keep myself from freezing solid like the small waterfall in town. I thought this made an interesting picture with the strings of underwear decorating the town square and the group of nuns walking down the main street on their way to the church. I'm not a big fan of this type of decoration, and look forward to the day they take it down.

3 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Underware? Funny Fastnacht you have over there. With this freezing weather there should be a warning sign: "Mortal danger, beware of falling underware..."

Aubrey said...

Ha- nice painting and nice that it makes one chuckle.

RobCarey said...

What a terrible way to die; struck down by a frozen undergarment.