On the other side

Fresno house June 24, 2012. (A sketch from inside my mother and father-in-law's house in Fresno.) We said a tearful goodbye to our loved ones in Germany, but landed in the arms of loved ones here. The Central Valley of California seems always full of sun and fresh fruit and vegetables, ingredients for good health. The water in the pool is always active, and the skin slowly changes color. Job interviews in the next few days may bring some ideas as to what we'll be doing this next year. Many unknowns lie ahead of us. The next adventure begins. (Stillman & Birn Alpha Series 8.5 x 11 in)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this change, I lived in Germany 6 years and now in the south of France ... ;)) the life is quite different ...
continue to draw , I'm very fan !!
tchüss ! Isabelle

Frankie said...

I see where Carrie gets her inviting decorating style! Very cozy room....wish I were there right now. Well...the sun is shining and the weather is perfect so maybe in two days when it's cold and raining here (again)...but then I will be in sunny Boise with Dondi and Jeff.

In short, love this sketch and am missing you!

RobCarey said...

Give my greetings to them! Hope to see you all soon. Missing you, too.

The Flying Tortoise said...

Good luck with this new phase of your life.
I do look forward to seeing what inspires and transpires...