on Whittier Blvd.

La Habra, CA July 7, 2012. Up in La Habra for a few days, staying with family. Our container comes in on Monday from Germany, then we take everything up to Castro Valley for the big move. I got over to do a quick sketch today just down the street. Loving the California sunshine, hanging out with nieces and nephews, swimming, and some down time... finding some real deals at the used clothing store that I can use for work, and taking advantage of a 1/4 pound hot dog and coke for $1.50 at Costco.

5 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

I've been to the states only once, in Apriul, and this scene reflects what fascinated me most: roadcrossings with electrical poles, overhead trafficlights and roadsigns.
Love the way you only painted the blue.

Rene Fijten said...

Eh, I went to NYC as well, but that's an altogether different kind of USA....

RobCarey said...

Yeah, I've been to NYC only once myself- very different from CA with the strip malls and palm trees. Thanks, Rene.

Dave said...

Excellent sketch Rob. Great sense of scale and depth.

RobCarey said...

Thanks so much, Dave.