at home in Hayward

Hayward, CA August 3, 2012. After a couple weeks of searching for a place to live, we found another townhouse that will be our new home. I've been hired to teach at another great school, and I've been enjoying getting to meet my new colleagues. Unfortunately, AT&T is having a rough time trying to hook up internet to our apartment, so we are still without it. Anything I do online is at Starbucks. I haven't had much time to sketch, so the two sketches on the right give you a little glimpse out of our windows from our new place in Hayward.

5 comments:

Frankie said...

Hey Rob, Good to see some new sketches...I've been checking every early morning before work. Love your views and can barely wait to hang out in your new neighborhood...well, can barely wait to see all of you! And finally celebrate two birthdays and a graduation! Love the theatre building and the way you make it look at the same time are deco and inviting. I would love to go inside (especially on these hot days, to watch a flick;). Keep sketching...Starbucks works!

Rene Fijten said...

Congratulations on your new home. Ready for a new period in your life!

RobCarey said...

Thanks to you both. I really am anxious to get out and do some real drawing once we unpack these boxes, settle into our home and find a routine.

Gail Wong said...

Rob, this is Gail Wong. I just wanted to let you know I am meeting up with the Bay Area Urban Sketchers Aug 6th Monday from 6:30-830 pm on the north side of UC Berkeley, on the corner of Euclid and Hearst ave. You are welcome to join us though I know it is far from Castro Valley. Best regards, Gail Wong.

RobCarey said...

Thank you, Gail! Unfortunately, I got your message too late as we still haven't gotten internet at home! :( Please let me know next time. Rob