Gardenhill Park

La Mirada, CA November 24, 2012. I'm at the end of a great Thanksgiving week. Lots of good time with family and friends. My first Thanksgiving with my family in 16 years. As we went around the room saying what we were thankful for, a few tears of joy were shed, reflecting on God's amazing provision for each one of us the past several years. And when I say, provision, I"m referring more to the provision of love and relationship than I am material provision. As the world around us seems to make fewer and fewer references to the existence of God, I want to all the more acknowledge the goodness and grace of God in my life and the life of my family. I heard a radio announcer make a statement this past week, "No one in the world represents the spirit of giving more than Santa Claus." Absurd. Scratch that. Instead, "No one in the world represents the spirit of giving more than God, in sending his Son to die, in order that we might live." (Sketch was done this morning in Gardenhill Park, La Mirada.)

5 comments:

Löwenmäulchen said...

Wundervolle Bäume!
Das ist ja toll nach so langer Zeit wieder zusammen zu feiern.
Ist es so als wäre man gar nicht weg gewesen?
Viele Grüße
Petra

Anonymous said...

Love the park drawings...and your comments! BJR

RobCarey said...

Yeah, in some ways it's as if time stopped.

Pierre Raby said...

Love that sketch Rob, your amazing contrasted colors and also the dynamic fisheye effect on the whole composition!

RobCarey said...

Thank you, Pierre!