oyster man

oyster man November 8, 2012. I will admit, these last few months have been hard. Saying goodbye to our friends in Germany, seeing our daughter head off to college, and leaving behind 15 years of memories in one of the most beautiful places in the world sometimes leaves me frozen in my thoughts. The people, the experiences, and the memories I have now as a treasure. And each one, a gracious gift of God, never to be taken for granted. And so my challenge, now, is to cherish the past; but at the same time, embrace the present, knowing that each new day is another gift from above.

3 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

hard as it may be, noone can take your cherished memories away, only new and different ones to come. With new experiences you will value the old ones more.

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

So well said. If we look at each day, each moment, each new and different experience, as a gift, the hard things aren't quite as hard. I was given a gift of mammoth proportions this fall when I was called in to sub "full-time" for a music teacher in an elementary school about 20 minutes away. My 89 voice choir sang for the first time in our Remembrance Day assembly on Thursday. Another part of the gift. Enjoy your day, Rob. Hugs to everyone. :) eileen

RobCarey said...

Wow! It's good to hear you're leading another choir! (I was a bit worried, when I thought Howard was writing this at first... :) You were a fantastic choir director at BFA.